If you’ve windows or a balcony above first floor level, please be vigilant about safety. This is especially important if you’ve children or vulnerable adults in your household.
If you know a window or balcony door catch isn’t working, please report it to us so we can take action. Here are some more tips to help prevent accidents:
- Do not leave children alone on balconies. Keep balcony doors locked when not in use
- Supervise children to keep play away from windows or patio doors
- Don’t place sofas or chairs next to windows that open
- Don’t have furniture or other climbable objects on balconies
- Report it to us immediately if window restrictors or balcony door catches are not working or missing.
Taking action now could help prevent an incident in the future. If you’d like to talk
to us about fitting window restrictors, please contact us.