How to apply?

You can register with a local authority if you have a priority need to move.

Once you’ve registered with a borough, you’ll be able to ‘bid’ on the homes you’re eligible for. Some boroughs may offer a waiting list rather than a bidding system.

You’ll be contacted when a suitable property is available. You’ll be prioritised based on your housing needs.

To register with the local authorities you must have:

  • A local connection who has lived in the area usually for a minimum of two to five years (depending on the local authority area you live in)
  • A priority need to move, for example if you’re underoccupying or overcrowded.

How to apply? Find your local authority and look to complete a housing application form.

Contact your Local authority