We’re incredibly proud to launch our new Building Safety Resident Engagement Strategy, which puts our residents at the heart of our approach to building safety.
Our residents’ safety is our number one priority. But it’s equally important they feel and are listened to.
Our goal is for our residents’ insight, scrutiny and lived experience to be front and centre of our approach. The strategy explains how we’ll do this and how we’ll work in partnership and engage with our residents on building safety related matters. We want them to feel informed and empowered to challenge decisions and get involved in discussions about their building at critical stages.
For us, the adoption of this strategy will mean:
- Our residents are aware of opportunities to contribute to making decisions on the safety management of their buildings
- We can provide residents and staff with assurance that their views will be considered and represented through dedicated groups within our governance structure
- That each localised engagement plan will reflect the needs of residents and key stakeholders
- We’re demonstrating our commitment to learn from resident experiences
- We’re demonstrating our commitment to meet and exceed the resident focused requirements of the Building Safety Act 2022.
Learn more about our approach and read the strategy here.
We want to continue to work openly with residents and all partners on this. It's why we're asking for feedback on the strategy by Thursday 30 November.
Please do let us know how you feel about the strategy? We welcome feedback outlining whether:
- The approach is clear and meets your expectations, and
- If it works or doesn’t work for you? If so, why?
We’ll use all feedback to develop the strategy further. To get in touch, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Building Safety Resident Engagement Strategy.