Dr. Karin Stockerl
Dr. Karin Stockerl - Executive Director, Assets and Sustainability
Karin is Executive Director for Assets and Sustainability at Southern Housing, having worked for a predecessor organisation for 5 years.
Karin has over 20 years’ experience working in property management and construction with roles in academia, private, public and housing association sector.
She’s responsible for devising and implementing our asset management strategy and our environmental sustainability strategy and she’s also the chair of our private rented arm SPRUCE.
- Investment programmes to meet Decent Homes and HHSRS standards, cyclical decoration programmes, digital infrastructure upgrades and IoT strategy.
- Environmental sustainability programmes including retrofitting our homes to meet higher energy standards, heat network upgrades, biodiversity action plan, and NZC roadmap
- Asset Compliance programmes ( including: gas, electrical fire, asbestos, lifts, legionella, co and smoke detectors)
- Chair of Building Safety Programme Board overseeing the transformation programmes to meet the requirements of the Fire Safety and Building Safety Act including the surveying and retrofitting of external facades to reduce fire safety risk
- Disposal programme, acquisitions, and stock rationalisation
- Facilities management and office rationalisation
- Commercial and retail portfolio
- Stock condition and asset data improvement programmes.