If you need to make payment for any service charges or rent due, you can do so online using our website, by Direct Debit, over the phone or in person.

Select the link below to find out more information about the many ways you can make a payment.

Read about making a payment

Usually leaseholders and shared owners are responsible for all internal repairs to their home at their own expense. This includes items such as the glass in the windows and the window handles and locks.

If you need to report a repair for something we are responsible for, such as work in communal areas or any external repairs, then there are a number of ways you can do this. We recover the costs of any work we do in the common parts through the service charge you pay each month.

As a shared owner or leaseholder, you'll also need our permission if you wish to make home improvements.  This includes:

  • - New kitchen or bathroom installation
  • - New boiler or central heating installation
  • - Replacement doors and windows
  • - Conservatories or extensions
  • - Electrical installation and replacement
  • - Loft conversions

You don’t need our permission for:

  • - Redecoration
  • - Internal doors (unless you live in a block of flats)
  • - Replacing fence panels
  • - Replacing broken window glass.

To apply for permission to make home improvements or if you have any other questions about any alterations or changes you wish to make to your home please contact us.

Select the link below to find out more about repairs and home improvements.

Read more

If you bought your home through Shared Ownership, you are able to purchase further shares in the property when it is affordable to do so.

Staircasing allows you to increase your equity share and will reduce the amount of rent you pay monthly.

Read more

As a shared owner you are able to sell your property at any time and the Sales Services Team is on hand to help you through the process.

Read more

Extending a short lease to a decent length can add thousands to your property’s value.

Generally, the shorter the lease, the lower the value.

Read more

As a shared owner, subletting your home is not allowed, apart from in rare circumstances (defined as ‘exceptional’).

This is because your home was built with government funding and we have to make sure that the people who benefit from this funding are not using their home to make money.

If you sublet your home without a written agreement from us you're in breach of the terms of your shared ownership lease. Subletting without permission is very serious and, if we have to, we'll take legal action and you risk losing your home.

If you have any questions about subletting please contact us.

Get in touch

We know some leaseholders and home owners will be affected by the government's updated advice notes on building safety.

We completely understand this is causing concern.

We’ve further information on this subject, including how we’re working hard to push for more government support for leaseholders. 

Fire and building safety

When we own the freehold to your building, we provide the buildings insurance. It may cover the cost of damage to your home, like an attempted break in or a flood. 

Our building insurance is currently provided by Zurich Municipal Insurance.

View the summary of cover
Adobestock 429015029 (1)

Our policy library

Search for the policy documents you need in our comprehensive document library. 

Our policy library