Whether you are eligible to apply will depend on the type of tenancy you have, the terms of your tenancy agreement, if there are any outstanding tenancy breaches (for instance rent arrears) and if there has been a previous tenancy change or succession.

We know that moving home can be a stressful and busy time and we want to do all we can to make the process straight forward.

Find out all you need to know about ending your tenancy and if you have any further questions please get in touch.

Read more

If you have a sole tenancy and you want to change this to a joint tenancy, we’ll consider applications from spouses and civil partners or those who live together in a settled relationship as if they were spouses or civil partners.

If you’re on a fixed term or starter tenancy, we’ll only be able to consider applications at the end of your tenancy term.

If you have a joint tenancy with us and want to change this to a sole tenancy, then both tenants must agree to this change.

If you can’t agree who should have the tenancy, we recommend you seek independent legal advice.

We know that dealing with the death of a loved one can be difficult.

Read more about the process involved when informing us about the death of a Southern Housing resident named on the tenancy agreement.

Read more

Are you thinking of running a business from your home or even just working from home? If so, we’ve put together some useful guidance which should help answer any questions you may have.

Read more

Are you going to be away from your home for a period of time?

If so, read our frequently asked questions for everything you need to know and do before you go.

Read more
Croydon Colleagues 170423 20

How can I apply to make a tenancy change?

If you’d like to make a change to your tenancy or if you have any questions, then please contact us.

Get in touch
image: Man making a phone call about tenancy fraud

Tenancy fraud

Tenancy Fraud is a criminal offence which can lead to a prison sentence.

Find out more the impact of tenancy fraud and how you can report it to us if you suspect someone.

Read more